Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Woah the Darkmoon Faire came and took me away...

Did not realize that it has been a week since I last posted on the Long, Strange blog.  Thinking about everything that has happened in the past week, I can see why I have not gotten back to a post until today.

In some ways, the Darkmoon Faire really did take me away from my usual routine in WoW.  I have to admit that I am still learning about this game, even after 5 years of playing it.  The Darkmoon Faire has been in the game since its introduction in Patch 1.6 back on July 2005.  Although I had paid a visit to the Faire several times over the past few years, I never properly researched what the Faire was about.

I have to say, I am truly glad I took some time to research the Darkmoon Faire.  I decided to look into the Darkmoon Faire because of the large number of trade chat barkers looking to trade cards.  After doing some research, I decided to scrounge through my current inventory to make various Darkmoon Cards.  I was able to create the Darkmoon Card: Hurricane, a couple of level 70 and 80 decks, plus several left over cards.  I listed many of these on the auction house throughout the week that the Darkmoon Faire was visiting Goldshire.  At the end of this week, I came away with 34,211 gold just from what I had in my inventories.  This was gold in addition to the other gold making activities that I have each week.  Overall, this was the boost I needed to energize my gold income that seemed to have stalled the previous 2 weeks.

This endeavor shows me that I should continually be open to new market opportunites.  As an aside, I really need to look in my inventory more often to see what treasures I have collected.

Thank you for rescuing me from the Darkmoon Faire.

Time to go do some much needed exercise...

No comments:

Post a Comment